it’s really Valentine’s Day already .. I can’t say I’m really into celebrating the day but if you are happy Valentine’s Day boo. I still always want to look good for the night though, even if it’s just to stare in the mirror at myself (a real regular hobby so, more than likely) so I did a simple “Out Gold” look step by step. This Maybelline “The Nudes” palette has the perfect combination of colors to use. you definitely have to pick this up (I grabbed it from CVS) & try this look.
1. start with a primed lid (I covered my eye in L.A Girl Pro concealer (shade “fawn”) to give the eye a bare base.
2. use the light matte nude shade in the palette and brush it under your brow, then go for the matte brown color and put that on the outer corner of the eye.
3. use the lightest shade of the gold & (with a wet brush) place that right in the center of the lid.
4. take a small amount of the matte black in the palette and tap that right on top of the brown in the outer corner.
5. for the inner corner of the eye (in front of the gold) Take the really shimmery white (Wet your brush a little to pick up the pigment in the shadow) & pat that right there.
6. time to line your eye. Use a liquid or gel liner (I used ELF gel liner) and do a really simple wing. TIP: With this you don’t have to pull the wing all the way out, instead smudge it into the black eye shadow.
7. I always have to add lashes but you can skip this part. Coat your eyelashes with mascara and optional coat your bottom lashes too.
In the spirit, I’ll be picking up MAC “Ruby Woo”, this red is a statement & completes my whole look but if red is a little too bold for you then maybe a gentle pink? both compliment this eye SO well. If you’re not into either a gloss will always have you looking right.